Friday, June 15, 2012

Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart

3 Months/Father's Day! 

It still seems surreal to me that I'm sitting here in our little home, listening to the birds sing outside while the sun shines through the windows,  all while sitting next to my three month old little girl.  How did I get so blessed?  I guess that old saying, that so often in my life I resented to hear, has rung true in so many ways, "God's timing is perfect!"  If someone would have told me two years ago that I would be hearing the sounds of my cooing, cheerful little baby girl on this beautiful morning just days before celebrating her most wonderful, loving, handsome father, and that father being Paul Gregory, I truly don't think I would have believed that life could be this good. This blessed.  This lovely. 
As I was going through a box of old memories the other night, I came across a "Put-up" note that Paul had written me TWELVE summers ago while we both served on Teen Staff at LGYC.  It reads, "Dear Wife, :) Your Beauty Blinds me every time I look at you. :)  (HAHA), Not only that, but then I studer (read:stutter) and go out of words when I get fact to face with you.  You are truly the love of my life.  HAHA!!  PS:  See ya"  It's amazing to me to think that all those years ago, God was preparing our hearts for each other.  Through our years of playful banter, heartbreaks, friendship, ups and downs, the Lord had a plan far greater than we could have even "joked" about.  His timing is perfect.  For years, 12 years in fact, Paul called me the love of his life.  He always made sure to add a little snicker at the end of the phrase as to keep to the playful banter it began as, but deep down we both knew it was more than that.  Much more.  It never grew old hearing those four words uttered at the beginning of a phone conversation, or while ending an email written with such raw, honest words, or simply said while hugging after being absent from each other for some time.  Love of my life.
I sit here now beyond thankful, at a loss for words, for the blessing I have in his love for not only me, but now for our sweet Zaylee Jean.  What a great honor it is to be able to raise this little girl with a man that loves so greatly.  She and I are two extremely blessed ladies to have a man that follows after Christ and loves like He calls us to love, unconditionally and selflessly.

Our baby girl is three months old already!  Where does the time go??  She is such a happy, playful, sweet, smiley, active little lady, with so much personality already.  We can't seem to get enough of her, and thank the Lord everyday for her presence in our life.  My heart is filled with more joy than I thought possible, and continues to grow as I watch her grow daily. 

We love you Zaylee Jean and pray the Lord's blessing on you every day.  May He always be the ruler of your heart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment