Friday, January 4, 2013

Thursday's with Kimmy

It has become a Thursday ritual to hang out with our dear friend Kimmy.  She has truly been a blessing to me through this first year of motherhood, and I am so thankful for the friendship she has so lovingly showed me and little Zay.  I joke that she is like our chauffeur because she often takes us out to run errands to get out of the house for a bit.  Being at home is wonderful, but sometimes a day out with good company is much needed!  I have had a few weeks lately that I have made Dentist appointments on Thursdays, and Kimmy willingly comes along to the Dental office and sits in the toy room with Zaylee as I get my mouth scraped and cleaned.  They have fun together and Zaylee really loves her Kimmy.  She has been truly encouraging to me throughout this year, and pushes me to stay in the Word and keep my focus on the Lord.  We help each other, and listen to one another talk through our struggles and frustrations and bounce positive thinking towards the one that needs it in those moments.  It's refreshing and much needed.  I'm thankful for her and all she does for us.
She was extra cuddly yesterday...it was the sweetest! 


She is my sweet girl!

Kimmy decided to let her feed herself some mashed potatoes, and then ask her "How big is Zaylee!?"  Not my favorite :)
She had fun though...I guess that's what matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment