It's funny how quickly this pregnancy has come and gone, yet how these past couple weeks have felt like an eternity! We are settling into our days nicely with Dad away at work, and have found our routine again. It has been nice to have a bit of predictability, but we sure do miss Dad being around all day. He is loving his job, and is off to a great start surprising his boss daily with the things he has found and accomplished. It is so great to see him so happy and excited in what he is doing. The France paternity leave is wonderful, so we are looking forward to some good time with him again whenever baby brother decides to join us! Daddy's boss is very kind, and has made it clear that family comes first and whatever we need is far more important than being at the office. We are all so thankful for his willingness and flexibility through this transition time. God truly knew what he was doing opening up this door for Dad and being so gracious to us.
As for me, I am feeling good and beyond ready to meet this little man. I had my last appointment last week and things are looking great. I'm walking, stretching, nesting, preparing mentally every day, and am beginning to grow impatient with the waiting game. I'm not sure if it is the unknown for how he will make his grand entrance, what life will be like with two darling babies, the foreign language obstacle, or just my pregnancy hormones, but I am beside myself with this overwhelming feeling of emotions and stress and I can't pinpoint what the source is; therefore, I can't fix it! Dad has been my rock, and has truly lifted me up and carried me through some days that just weren't fun for me, bringing light to each dark moment I have felt. One thing I keep reminding myself, and holding tightly to, is the fact the the Lord has me and this little boy in His hands and has the perfect plan for this birth and our lives together. I remember your birth day like it was yesterday, and now you are going to be a big sister!! Time goes so fast, and I want to hold on to these precious moments of just me and you for a few more days/weeks while feeling your little brother stretch and move around letting me know he is strong and well.
You, my sweet girl, have been wonderful always reminding me how blessed I am to have you. You make my heart soar, and for that I am so extremely thankful. My belly is your favorite thing right now, and every time you catch a glimpse of it you run to me saying, "awwww" with a sweet tilted head reaching out your hand and touching your brother. It makes me so proud to see you so loving for him already. You have even started trying to feed my belly bites of your snacks while saying, "mmm, baby!" I really hope this is a glimpse of what life will be like with him here on the outside, because it is something to be treasured. I do fear for the first meeting, as you are not a fan of seeing mommy in the doctor's office. You get very worried for me at the slightest thought of me being in pain, and want to be touching me at all times. I plan to have some special things for you, and to have some moments of just you and me before we bring baby brother to meet you. I love you sweet girl, and am so grateful for your tender heart!
Eighteen more days until my French due date, and I will take any day before that gladly :)
No comments:
Post a Comment