Sunday, May 18, 2014

Moments


Our time here in France is all too quickly coming to an end.  I swing back and forth between feeling overwhelmed with excitement to be back in our Wheaton home close to my family and all your cousins, and being weighed down in grief to be leaving our Tabailloux family here in France.  To say you are attached to your Mamie, Papi, and uncles would be an understatement, and the thought of taking you away from all the extra love and attention you receive from them on a daily basis saddens this Mama's heart of mine.  In my moments of excitement, I am struck with the reality that our time here is closing and before we know it we will be on a plane heading to the states and away from this wonderful year in your Papa's hometown.
The emotional highs and lows are so confusing, but through each of them I am reminded of how blessed we are and how good the Lord has been to us through His promise to remain faithful.  We came here without knowing at all what the future held for us as a family, and are leaving with an overwhelming sense of gratitude and awe in the abundance of provision and promise we have seen in the Lord's planning for our lives.  Papa was given a job within the first week of our arrival here in France, but through the sometimes frustrating French trait of slow moving work ethic, we were given three glorious months together as a family before he officially started; three months in which we were still being paid from Porsche in the states.  God's perfect timing was evident in every crevice of this past year.  Now as we plan to move home, a job that started as a one year contract has turned into an exciting, new opportunity for Dad.  He will be essentially starting his own company with the funding from his boss here in France.  He is learning,evolving, being challenged and stretched, and enjoying this process of developing a company from nothing.  I am so extremely proud of him!  It is no surprise to me the fact that his boss, Hubert, trusts him so fully with his vision and hopes for an American base for his company, and I am once again humbled to be called his wife.
"All I have need of, thy hand hath provided."  Your Papa has always been a man of extreme faith and trust in the Lord's provision, and has taught me a great deal about what it means to truly and fully trust our Heavenly Father.  Everything about this year has been refreshing.  Living life in France is something I have truly enjoyed and will remain thankful for the things I have learned through the cultural differences.  Life is different, and in ways harder, but in much more profound ways fuller and more meaningful.  We have needed each other more deeply than ever before, and have learned so much about one another in our ever evolving role as parents to two of the most beautiful children.  The learning curve hasn't always been an easy or pretty one, but we are stronger because of those weak moments of struggle.  We look forward with anticipation, but also want to embrace the moments we have left here in France.
First taste of sorbet!
  **Photos from a day in Aix les Bains**

1 comment:

  1. My zaylee is so beautiful!!! so is my marcel!!! I miss them both so much.

    ReplyDelete