Sunday, January 4, 2015

Prayers...

We have been trying to teach you the importance of prayer, and lately you have be more eager to add to our prayer time.  This morning we woke up to a beautiful white canvas of snow outside our windows, and ended the day with a gorgeous, big round moon rising.  We didn't do a whole lot today other than lounge around the house just enjoying the laziness of the day, you were both a bit whiny and clinging, but it was one of those days that was just good for all the simple moments that made us remember all that we have to be thankful for.  I was thanking the Lord for all of those things as we were praying for dinner, and  before I said amen you chimed in with a few of your own bits of thanks. 

"Thank you for Lord, and for the beautiful snow, the big moon, now we can maybe get a new tree that doesn't make such a big mess." 

I giggled a little about the new tree part, and Papa kicked me under the table.  He has taught me a great deal about the importance of prayer and I am forever grateful to him for encouraging me in that way.  My hope and prayer for you is that you too learn the true importance of a thankful heart and a life full of prayer.  


**The first thing you said this morning when you saw the snow was, "yeah!  Is Santa coming now? So excited!!"  Snow to you means Christmas, which includes Trees and Santa :)  Our tree was out the door on the 27th because it was the messiest of messy trees I have ever seen dropping needles just with the wind of someone walking past it.  You clearly weren't ready to see it go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment