You have the BEST imagination and playing with you is the most fun. The house if usually a disaster, toys and books covering the living room, dishes left on the table until nap time roles around, all for the luxury it is to get down to your level and play made believe in all sorts of imaginary lands. Marcel is the best playmate and tags right along with us adding his on touch to whatever it is we are doing. The two of you are becoming great friends and look out for one another always. The sibling rivalry and bickering has set in, but it doesn't interfere with your adoration for each other.
Today as lunch was in the oven, we set up shop at your tiny table in the living room and had a few "appetizers" together per Chef Marcel. He could play in your kitchen all day long, and is always ready with a fresh cup of orange juice or a warm bowl of soup. Any mention of food and he darts off to the kitchen to prepare something special and delivers it with the most delightful grin and often a sweet kiss before going back to work. As we were eating, you jumped up and said you were late for a wedding. This is the dialogue that followed word for word (luckily I had a pen in hand and took notes!):
"I'm going to a wedding date. You need to calm my baby down for me because she's going to be sad. Her bed is right here when you get her quiet. You can take her to the park in the stroller or just stay here. Ok see you in the day! Oh Wait!! I forgot my bag. I love you sweetie (gave a kiss to your baby)."
After a minute or so you returned and went on:
"There was no wedding! I looked everywhere but everyone left. So, how was my baby, Allie? Oh good!" You then proceeded to feed her snacks from you bag, kissing her sweet head letting her know you missed her. It was pretty much the dialogue I said to your first babysitter back in October when Papa and I were heading off to a wedding. Your memory amazes us daily, almost as much as your imagination and the stories you come up with. We are having more fun with the two of you every day, and love being your parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment