A couple weekends ago we were up in Lake Geneva with the family. Paul
has been begging me to start feeding Zaylee, so when little Remmington
was eating his baby cereal I decided to give her a bite to see how she
would react. She is definitely becoming more curious as to what food
is, and watches every move we make while we are eating. I think she
would get the hang of it pretty quick if, in fact, I started to
introduce her to foods slowly, but I'm just not quite there yet. I want
her to be my baby for a bit longer. I want her to keep wanting ME for
her source of food! Soon I will give in to the pleading of her father's
desires, but for now I will remain selfish on this matter. Back to the
first bite of food...well, she didn't hate it, but she didn't quite
understand she had to close her mouth around the spoon in order to
retrieve the food. She would purse her lips and push the food out of
her mouth, but small bits managed to be swallowed down into her cute
little belly!!
 |
| Inspecting the spoon |
 |
| Looking for confirmation from Daddy |
 |
| Not so sure about this whole food situation |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
This past Sunday, we headed down to Lincoln Park Zoo in the city. It is a pretty spot to walk around, but if you want to see animals, it's not the best choice of a zoo. The free part makes it wonderful, and really gives no room to complain about the lack of animals to see! My family grew up going to Brookfield Zoo on the south side of the city, and that zoo is truly great. Great also equals expensive, so we will wait until next year when Zaylee will actually understand she is looking at animals, not just walking around in the heat for no good reason! It was great to be just the three of us on a little family outing. Later in the evening we had the pleasure of having dinner with my folks at a nice little Irish restaurant in Lincoln Park followed by an aimless, evening walk! Overall it was a great Sunday Funday! :)
 |
| A picture with her Sophie Giraffe |
 |
| Fun with daddy and the Lion |
|
|
It's so fun watching her grow, and experience new things. Even if she won't remember most of them!!
No comments:
Post a Comment