At church we sang, In Christ Alone, which is a song that I have loved for many years, but in the past two years it has hit me in a different way. When you were growing inside me, soon after we found out about your existence, we sang this song at Bethany Chapel. As I stood there with my hand on my belly and sang,
No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath.
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath.
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.
my eyes welled with tears as I was hit with the new emotions that come with the realization of motherhood. Life's first cry. When we first heard you cry, dad and I cried with you in pure joy, wonderment, and amazement that you were OURS, we were the chosen two to be YOUR parents, and we couldn't have been more blessed with that gift. My life changed immensely the day I held you in my arms for the first time, and I can't imagine it without you. You bring me so much joy and make each day so full of life. I am constantly reminded how blessed I am as you run towards me with arms wide open and squeeze tightly around my neck. Your sweet little personality and spunky bits with your goofy grin just flood my heart with joy.
The rest of the day was pretty relaxed, and we even got to hang out with Uncle Timmy, Aunt Bethany, and Liesel for lunch! Zaylee, being your mom is the greatest honor I have ever been given. Thank you for making my life so much richer my darling girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment