Saturday, March 8, 2014

Marcel at 4 Months!


Well, my sweet boy, it was four months ago today that we met you and every day since then has been nothing short of wonderful with your presence in our lives.  We are continually amazed by your easy going nature, charmed by your contagious smile, wooed by your flirtatious eyes, and touched by your sweet snuggles that we can't seem to get enough of.
 It has been so fun to watch you take more notice in your sister over this past month.  She is all over you and often a bit rough in her affections, but you are never bothered by her antics and light up when she is paying you any sort of attention.  You are becoming more and more interactive with her, and she thinks it is the greatest thing.  I just adore watching the two of you, and can only hope you grow up to be good friends with one another. 
While I was doing the dishes, this is what you two were up to!  I couldn't get over her snuggled up on you with your arm around her.  For the love!
We are still working on your night time sleep habits,  and moved you from the cradle to the crib this month.  I really shouldn't complain, as you don't ever KEEP me up at night, but I can't say that I don't look forward to the day that you sleep you tight twelve.  You are still a rockstar napper, and have mastered putting yourself to sleep without my assistance.  I still soak in as many snuggles as I can before your nap, and thankfully you haven't lost your need for them.
Sleeping in your Uncle Joe's crib with his much loved Tarzan sheets :)
Life with you is absolutely wonderful, and we couldn't imagine our lives without you.  Four months ago we were so nervous about how our lives would change with a new baby, but now we can wholeheartedly say that with you life is better than we could have imagined.  You are the sweetest, most gentle baby boy we ever did meet and are so thankful that you are ours!
Four Month Facts:
  • Weight: 6.7 kg/14.74 lb
  • Height 65 cm/25.5 in
  • You figured our your tongue and love sticking it out while smiling ever so sweetly
  • Chewing on your hands and anything you can manage to grab hold of is your favorite pastime 
  • All of your shirts are wet within minutes due to your ever flowing river of drool 
  • You are SO CLOSE to rolling over!  
  • You can do the super man pose with impressive ease
  • Talking is your new favorite thing and you make sure anyone that will listen can hear you loud and clear! 
  • DTAP was your first vaccine and you took it without a tear shed!  That's my boy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment