Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Herrick Lake

This past Saturday, our little family of three went on an afternoon date.  It was a beautiful fall day, with warm sun and a cool breeze.  The kind of day that makes you crazy when it comes to outfit choice, due to the fact that one minute you are sweating from the heat of the sun and the next you wish you had a coat to shield off the cold air pressing against your warm body.  Fall is my favorite time of year.  The crisp air, the crunch of the leaves beneath your feet, the smells that travel through the breeze, pumpkin spice lattes, fall scented candles, scarves and cardigans.  I love it all.

The weekend started off with a big to do list, including hanging some pictures that have been waiting patiently for six months now, scrubbing the kitchen floor, cleaning the refrigerator, and other such household things.  The morning started out promising and I was moving along quite quickly with a bit of coffee and pumpkin pancakes in my system.  I look forward to Saturday morning breakfast with Paul, and our lazy one on one time while Zaylee is in her long, much needed morning nap.  Oh how I look forward to Saturdays!!  After we ate too many delicious, fall inspired pancakes, I got to work on the kitchen floor.  I swept, scrubbed, and steam mopped the heck out of it, and was quite pleased with the results.  Paul came up from the basement as I was finishing, and Zaylee was just waking from her nap.  As I was feeding sweet girl, Paul proposed we go out.  I was hesistant as had a list, and had only accomplished ONE thing, but Paul persuaded me and I couldn't resist the idea of a day out together, just the three of us!

We drove down Butterfield Road making our way to Two Brothers Brewery.  We opted to sit outside on the patio to soak in one of the last few days nice enough to do so.  It was perfect, and Zaylee was joyful as always, making all the others on the patio smile.  We ate and enjoyed each others company and conversation.  It was lovely, truly.  On our way back towards the house, Paul decided to pull into Herrick Lake for an afternoon walk.  We parked among the many cars that filled the lot, and started on the trail around the small lake.  Almost two years ago now, Paul took me to that very spot to ask me to be his wife.  It will forever be a special place to both of us, and it was so great to be there as a family on such a beautiful day.  I remember that moment like it was yesterday, and replay it over in my head often.  I'm so thankful to be married to my dear Paul, and feel blessed to be his wife.

It was a wonderful, spur of the moment Saturday date with my two favorite people.  The list was put off until Sunday, and instead we just enjoyed being together as a family.  Perfect weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment