(Daddy doesn't want to forget this)
Last night on our way home from Bible Study you gave us quite the scare. I had put you in your car seat, gave you your greatly desired Nuk, and hopped into the passenger seat. As we pulled out of the driveway, I glanced back at you and you seemed content in the darkness that filled the back seat. We drove for a bit, and when I looked over the seat you hadn't moved even the slightest bit, but yet your eyes were still wide open. I thought it seemed a bit funny so I started trying to get you to respond to me, but you weren't flinching. No reaction at all. I said to dad, "She hasn't moved at all, and it's kind of freaking me out!" We were coming to a stop and Dad too was looking over the seat back now to try to get you to respond to us. I tap your head. Nothing. I tapped it a bit harder causing it to bob forward. Still nothing. We were both struggling to breath as we wanted to know you were breathing. In what was probably seconds, but felt like minutes, you tilted your head back and twitched your cute little feet. Dad yelled out, fit the steering wheel, and breathed deeply. A few minutes after we were certain you were alive and well, Dad looked at me and said, "I guess she is my daughter after all! Tabailloux land at its best." Oh Zaylee girl you sure know how to keep us on our toes!
Another little fact about this past weekend, you gave us our first sleepless night. You had finally eaten food, and quite a bit of it at that. Grandma D bought you some Organic pouch food that you happened to love. I guess you just don't like the spoon! After a big dinner for your little body, you went to sleep just as always, but right around midnight you woke up screaming. I had just fed you an hour earlier, so I knew it wasn't hunger, but something was definitely off. You cried so hard, and nothing seemed to comfort you which was so hard for us to see. I offered you some milk, but you quickly refused. This went on until about three in the morning, and for you, this was a first. I lost my patience a few times, and dad came to the rescue as per usual. He took you out of the room for a bit, walked with you, let you calm down, and finally got you to surrender to his snuggles. When we thought you were asleep we would lay you down, only to be startled by your immediate screams. I picked you back up, tried to nurse again which lasted for a few minutes, and then rocked you for a while. When I felt you were truly asleep I laid you down, and it stuck. About 15 minutes after I was comfortably back in our warm bed, the crying started escalating from your little helpless body. I rocked and shushed, and within another 10 minutes or so you were finally asleep for the night. Dad was the best encourager through those few hours, and quickly reminded me that many babies have months on end like that one night of yours. We have been both blessed and spoiled by your good, happy, demeanor, as well as, your wonderful sleeping habits. It breaks my heart to hear you cry and not know how to comfort you. Literally breaks my heart. My chest gets tight and I lose my patience, which then makes me sad. It's an awful cycle that I don't care for, so I am thankful you too don't prefer to cry or stay up all night! :) Love you sweet girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment