Monday, April 28, 2014
A Love for Music
Zaylee girl, you have always loved music whether it was on the radio, in a movie, or just me singing to you. Every night I sing to you, and lately you have started singing along with me. You love to pretend to play the guitar on anything that remotely looks like one, and always refer to Aunt Jenny when doing so. Drumming and piano playing are also your instruments of choice. Music is something that has always meant a lot to me, and I am so glad to see you enjoying the life that comes from the rhythm and beats that fill the silence. Along with singing and playing, dancing is something you do automatically when you hear any sort of song no matter where we are or what we are doing. Although Marcel is still a tiny babe, I can already see he too will love music much like you. He instantly settles when I sing in his ear, and loves watching us dance around the living room.
Last night, we had the privilege of watching Tonton Steph in his happy place behind the piano. He gets lost in his music, and is one of the most gifted piano players I know. I could listening to him play for hours and not grow tired. You can request any song and he will play it with great ease and pure perfection. It is a therapeutic for him, but also for those around him while he plays. You were loving every minute of it last night, and Marcel seemed to be enjoying it just the same. Tonton Elie was serenading us as well, and David and Daniel were helping out on the drum. It was a great time around the living room and tired you out for bed time that soon followed.
Your dad and I can only hope that as you and Marcel grow up, you will find a passion for an instrument and take hold of it early on. Uncle Timmy, Aunt Jenny, Grandpa D and Papi all play with great joy, and it is an honor to listening to them use their talents. Music is in your blood and I can't wait to see what it is you find enjoyment in and if and how you choose to use it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I loved these videos. Makes me miss the bolth of them so much. I liked the first one where zaylee almost falls down but luc catches her on time. Its so cute! love you amanda!
ReplyDelete