Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Marcel at 5 Months


Marcel my boy,

You are all smiles, snuggles, and pure sweetness.  This was a big month for you!  You became an American (officially), rolled over from belly to back and almost from back to belly, began sitting up and getting stronger every day, and found a complete infatuation in your big sister.  It is a complete joy to be your mother, and you make life so incredibly full.
You have yet to let down your reputation of being the happiest baby, never without a smile for anyone and everyone that looks your way.  Your smile is full of tenderness, and often stops us in our tracks, making us slow down in that moment to take in your sweetness.  Your Papa is constantly enamored by you, and loves coming home to your smiles and giggles.  I pray your kindness is something that grows along with you, and will always follow you where ever this life takes you. 

These days, we can hardly keep your clothes dry for more than a few minutes before your constant flow of drool pools itself on your chest spreading like wildfire across your shirt.  Your hands are constantly in your mouth, along with anything else you can manage to get in there.  This month you started really playing with your toys, and I love watching you grab at them and maneuver them every which way until you find the perfect spot to shove in your mouth and gnaw on with great vigor.  The bottom, left tooth looks like it is ready to push its way through, but teeth are funny and just when you think they are coming in, a month goes by and they show up unnoticed!
I'm not sure which one of you loves this more, but we all find it quite adorable.
Swinging is your new favorite activity.  You are content to sit in the swing while your sister pushes you back and forth and side to side for much longer than I could stand it if I were you.  Zaylee is in love with you, and always wants you to be a part of her fun.  All day long she asks to push you in the swing, and rarely wants to go on walks anymore because of this new found love for swinging with you by her side.  She is your greatest form of entertainment, and anything she does or says makes you break out in laughter while kicking your feet with wild excitement.  You don't mind her being rough with you as long as she is giving you attention, and I can't seem to get enough of watching you two together. 
As I was hanging out clothes your sister crawled in beside you making you one happy baby boy!
A few weeks back, we headed up to Lyon to meet with the American consulate to officially make you an American citizen.  It was a beautiful day in a beautiful city.  You are now a dual citizen with the cutest passport picture ever!  We attempted to do our own picture, but instead went to a professional and you were a natural in front of the camera.  I am so thankful for my babies having the privilege of being both French and American.  
The day after you turned four months you started rolling over on to your back, and continue to be extremely proud of yourself for doing so.  You have turned over to your belly a few times, but most of the time you get stuck just before getting all the way there.  I often find you in your bed in completely different places than where I laid you down to sleep, and have been witness to your skills of spinning in circles and pushing yourself around the floor.  Along with turning and spinning, this past week you have started sitting up on your own.  Each day you get stronger and stronger, allowing you to sit for longer periods of time while learning to use your hands to catch and steady your tilting body back to a sitting position.  I love this stage of learning and exploring, and you seem to be rather fond of it yourself!
Falling Softly
 First time rolling over! 3/7/2014
 First Day Sitting Up!  4/3/2014
Time is surely moving fast these days, and as much as I wish it would slow down, I am finding each new day with you a bit better than the day before.  Life just keeps getting sweeter as I watch you and your sister grow and take in the world around you.  Seeing the world through the eyes of you, my little ones, brings a whole new meaning and admiration for each tiny detail.    Here's to five months with you my little love!  I am forever grateful for you, and can't wait to see what the next month has to offer us. 

5 Month Facts and Stats: 

  • 7 kg/15.4 lb
  • 67 cm/26.4 in
  • Favorite Song:  I'll Fly Away with which you hum yourself into a very sleepy state each nap and bed time
  • You watch every single bite of food and sip of water we take desperately wanting it for yourself, but I am not ready to start food just yet.  Maybe next month! 
  • You are a very content, quiet boy, but when you talk you do so very loudly and with the cutest tones in your voice.  
  • Snuggling is still one of your favorite things, and I love this little fact!
  • Sleep:  2 long naps and 1 short nap in the evening (9am, 1pm, 5pm).  11-12 hours at night with one feeding around 3am.  
  • You are extremely loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment