Last night, we went to pick up our very first Market Day order. It was so fun walking into the school and seeing everyone getting all the boxes put together, and checking to make sure all the orders were complete. It reminded me of when I was a little girl, and I would run around the carpet-covered gym floor at Faith Christian on Thursday afternoons, while Grandma helped the Market Day process take place. I loved Market Day, and am happy to have it in our home now. Home. Our home. Family of three. It still feels so surreal to me, and I feel so blessed every day as I work in our little home.
Moving on.....
After we picked up our order, I drove over to Dominick's to pick up a few things we needed for the week. As we were waiting at the deli for our turkey, a sweet older man was admiring you as he walked passed. I smiled, and went back to ordering some more meats and cheese from the kind lady behind the counter. We made our way down the aisle's of the store, and the man found his way back to us in the midst of the canned tomatoes. He asked how old you were, and what your name was. You were looking beautiful as ever, with your big, flirtatious eyes batting slowly at him with your sweet, gummy smile. He looked at you and said, "I may buy a lot of things today, but I couldn't pay enough for your smile!" As he walked away, tears fell down my cheeks as I leaned down and kissed your sweet face. A mother's love is something that words can not express.
It's beautiful.
My cup runneth over.

No comments:
Post a Comment