Tuesday, August 28, 2012

She Is So Much Fun!

As the days go on, and we watch our little lady learning more and more things, we can't help but smile and laugh at her spunky personality that continues to blossom!  She is quite the daddy's girl and lights up when he walks in the door returning home from work.  Paul snatches her up, gives her lots of kisses, and as she is talking to him he holds her in the air and says, "How is it possible that you are mine!?  I love you so much!"  What joy it brings my heart watching him love her so completely.  I'm so thankful to be sharing this role of parent to our sweet girl with such a selfless, loving, patient man!  The Lord has richly blessed me, and I am forever grateful.
In the last few days Zaylee has been filling her days with roaming the living room floor.  She scoots all around, pushing her self backwards as she slides across the wooden planks.  When she wants something in front of her just out of reach, she concentrates so hard on the great attempt of launching forward, but she just can't quite figure out that maneuver yet.  It's so fun to watch her think so intently and kick her little legs in hopes to some how get to the object she is so vigorously trying to reach.  She usually grunts and moans and sometimes lets out cries of frustration.  I won't lie, I love her fake, frustrated cry and the faces she makes along with them! 
It's fun to watch her moving around, but I would be just fine with her holding off on the whole crawling bit for a little while longer!  I like the ability to set her down and know she can't get into anything if I look away for a minute, and that she still lets me hold her and is content with just being in my arms without wanting to get down and run away from me!
I suppose it is time to start baby proofing the house, because she will be on the move sooner rather than later!



No comments:

Post a Comment